Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Diet Coke and Donuts Freak


^^ NOT ANYMORE! ^^


Diet Coke. Diet Coke. I used to drink Diet Coke just like it was "water."  Every day on my way to work, I had a can of Diet Coke. At work, they have Diet Coke which I often buy for $1.25.  After work is done, I go home and have a Diet Coke before taking a nap.  After waking up, I have another Diet Coke.  Get the hint that I was HOOKED to Diet Coke?  I even got a Diet Coke t-shirt for Christmas.  That is really funny because after Christmas in 2012, I decided I needed to stop drinking Diet Coke and drink a lot of water instead. In the month of January, I have had only 2 bottles of Diet Coke and I shared them with Dick.  A huge change, but for good reasons. I noticed that whenever I drink Diet Coke, I always end up hungry and wanting to eat more.

For a long time, I knew diet sodas aren't good for you...... Empty calories.  Aspartame.  Risk of heart disease.  Causes headaches.  Caffeinated.  Risk of obesity.  And many more.  Why was I poisoning myself when I get one chance in life!? :P So, from now on, I will just drink one or two Diet Coke cans/bottles a month which is better than 6+ a day.  Crazy.

Diet Coke with bacon?? I love bacon, but I don't think I would want to drink bacon flavored Diet Coke.


Donuts.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE Hy-Vee and Casey's donuts.  In the past maybe 5 years, Dick and I would go to Hy-Vee or Casey's to get some donuts about 2-3 times a week after work.  Yep, that much.  I love the taste of their donuts, but I hated how I felt afterwards.  That terrible bloating feeling. Yuck.  Again, after Christmas in 2012, I decided NO more donuts.  They're gross.  I just need to remind myself they're gross and not worth in my life (even though I miss them .. the sweetness taste). Looking at the donuts pictures below (especially the Hy-Vee ones) sure make me hungry for one, but I'm proud of myself for not having one for about a month since my dad got the family Daylight Donuts during Christmas.  I can't eat just one - gotta have two or three.  Blechhhh.  These days, I make an egg sandwich with wheat english muffin or have an oatmeal.

Hy-Vee Donuts


Casey's Donuts
 Willpower.  Yep.  That's all there is to it.

Til then.

2 comments:

  1. I commented on this and as I hit send my internet went down! Thanks Cox!! I feel the burn lol. I'll repost later..:)

    ReplyDelete