Saturday, February 2, 2013

WOD and Paleo desserts

This morning, Dick and I went to Crossfit Vise for our very first WOD. It was tough, lol, but I looooooove it. I'll have to admit, I miss Crossfit Hydro. That 'box' we started at will always be a part of our lives so we are thankful to learn all about what crossfit is about. Anyway, life goes on, right? :) We enjoy having Ricky as our coach. Different, but everyone is different which I like.

Our WOD today was:
10 hang squat cleans 185/125#
15 burpees
20 walking lunges 60/45#
30 pullups
60 box jumps 20"
100 double unders
60 box jumps
30 pullups
20 walking lunges
15 burpees
10 hang squat cleans

25 minutes cut off

I didn't finish. I did all of the reps up till the 2nd part of box jumps (40) and had to reduce my pullups to 12 since my hands were getting a little bit torn up. I didn't want ending up with really ugly crossfit hands. Lol. I had 14 burpees and hang squat cleans left to finish it. Of course, I had to scale the weight of hang squat cleans and walking lunges. My legs are out of order right now. You see, that's why I'm thankful to have learned a lot at Hydro - I'm able to do kipping pullups since I've been getting a lot better with those. Yay. That goes for double unders, too. My legs are so sore. Hi, foam roller. ;)

I made paleo brownies today. I tried a different recipe and it tastes a lot better! Yum. Even Dick likes it so that's a huge plus. I will include a pic of it and include a recipe as well. FYI, I didn't add walnuts to it since I only had almonds. Dick wanted nut free brownies. ;)

I also had some "protein" shake which had 10oz of almond milk, half banana, frozen strawberries and a scoop of chocolate protein powder. I got a comment from Melissa and she was wondering why I drink it. It has higher nutritional value. Lower calories. Trying to cut down on dairy. Has more calcium than cow milk.

Some of the quotes I put in our 'Crossfit WODs' journal::

"I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday."
"When life knocks you down ...... DO A BURPEE!!!!!"









No comments:

Post a Comment