Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Long time no type.

Ever since I've gotten an iPad, I've been avoiding blogs.  I hate typing on an iPad. It's probably time to get a bluetooth keyboard or whatever it's called.  Dick is out fishing, so perfect opportunity for me to use the MacBook.

Yes, I'm still doing CrossFit.  I'm loving it.  I think I've been in a funk lately.  I don't enjoy CrossFit as much as I used to.  Maybe I need a break from it, I don't know.  All I need to do is think:: why did I start in the first place?  To compete at Regionals? NO. To be the best CrossFitter ever? NO (well, I just wanna be Mollie that does well in CrossFit, that's all). Now I remember, I LOVE to exercise.  I need to remind myself that once I step into a box, all I am doing is competing against myself - not the damn whiteboard.  I don't give a *bleep* what others' numbers are.  I don't give a *bleep* if they get a PR.  Congrats to them, but honestly, why did I begin in the first place?  I love to exercise and I enjoy lifting HEAVY.  But again, if my friends (or the CrossFit community in Omaha) qualify for the regionals, you bet I'm thrilled for them - THEIR goals, not mine.  It's still tough being a deaf CrossFitter.  Still missing a lot of information, but it is what it is.  I don't like the "beeps" coming from the time clock because I can't hear shit.  It would be nice if they had a some kind of flashing device to remind us there is about 10 seconds left, 5 seconds left - whatever.  Again, I live in a "hearing" culture.  Deaf access sucks ass around here in Omaha.

Softball - I've been doing less and less of softball lately and I'm really ok with that.  This weekend, we will be going to MAAD.  I'll be playing for the Midwest Maulers.  Kind of looking forward to it.

So, my brain isn't working at this moment.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment